Becoming a writer begins with a simple but important belief: You are a writer; you just need to write.
In You Are a Writer, Jeff Goins shares his own story of self-doubt and what it took for him to become a professional writer. He gives you practical steps to improve your writing, get published in magazines, and build a platform that puts you in charge.
This book is about what it takes to be a writer in the 21st Century. You will learn the importance of passion and discipline and how to show up every day to do the work.
Here’s what else you will learn:
– How to transition from wanting to be a writer to actually being one
– What “good” writing is (and isn’t)
– How to stop waiting to be picked and finally choose yourself
– What it takes to build a platform
– Why authors need to brand themselves (and how to do it)
– Tips for freelancing, guest blogging, and getting published in magazines
– Different ways to network with other writers, artists, and influencers
– The importance of blogging and social media and how to use it well to find more readers and fans of your writing
You Are a Writer will help you fall back in love with writing and build an audience who shares your love. It’s about living the dream of a life dedicated to words.
AND IT ALL BEGINS WITH YOU.
Table of Contents
Part 1: Writing
You ARE a Writer: Claiming the Title
The Myth of Good
It Gets Tough
Part 2: Getting Read
Three Tools Every Writer Needs
You Need a Platform
Your Brand is You
Channels of Connection
Part 3: Taking Action
Before Your First Book
When the Pitching Ends